Appalachian Basin Play Fairway Analysis Thermal Risk Factor and Quality Analyses
*This submission revises the analysis and products for Thermal Quality Analysis for the northern half of the Appalachian Basin (https://gdr.openei.org/submissions/638)*
This submission is one of five major parts of a Low Temperature Geothermal Play Fairway Analysis. Phase 1 of the project identified potential Geothermal Play Fairways within the Appalachian basin of Pennsylvania, West Virginia and New York.
This submission includes a subset of the necessary shapefiles, rasters, datasets, code, and references to code repositories that were used to create the thermal resource and risk factor maps as part of the project. This subset is those contents that were improved upon during calendar year 2016. Figures are provided as examples of some shapefiles and rasters.
See also: Final Report: Low Temperature Geothermal Play Fairway Analysis for the Appalachian Basin (https://gdr.openei.org/submissions/899).
The 2015 data submission should be visited to obtain:
1) the regional standardized 1 square km grid used in the project as points (cell centers), polygons, and as a raster,
2) the raw well data for the state well temperature databases,
3) the COSUNA section shapefile and formation thermal conductivities by state as *.xlsx files,
4) the sediment thickness map and 30 m Digital Elevation Model for the Appalachian Basin as GeoTIFF raster files,
5) the BHT correction sections shapefile and drilling fluid databases as *.csv files,
6) the unbuffered interpolation regions as shapefiles,
7) several 50 km buffered interpolation regions as shapefiles,
8) several gridded interpolation regions as raster files,
9) an R script for organizing the thermal data and running the local spatial outlier analysis,
10) shapefiles and rasters for the prediction, uncertainty, and cross validation of the temperature at 1.5 km, 2.5 km, and 3.5 km depth,
11) shapefiles and rasters for the prediction, uncertainty, and cross validation depth to 100 degrees C,
12) an ArcGIS toolbox for thermal risk factor models,
13) an ArcGIS model for extracting results specific to each county of interest,
14) thermal resource cross section plots,
15) the geothermal Play Fairways.
DOE Project Number: EE0006726
DOE Project Lead: Holly Thomas
Last Updated: 10 months ago
Submitted Dec 9, 2016